Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Do you take personal time for yourself or do u ever have a 'lazy day"??????

Have you ever taken time to yourself? Think hard and I am sure that only few of us would have even thought of doing so. For most of us 'self' comes last. We are so busy with our household and family and just that, we do not think of us alone as an entity. 

Try to take a few minutes  just to yourself and see the wonder it creates. When one of my friend used to go on a short drive all by her own, I used to ponder what makes her  wander alone without her husband and children. Mused by her action, when questioned her , she just told me to take time off and see the difference in my moods and spirits. And indeed, it worked.  This need not be a weekend or a few days out from the family, only a few hours will do the wonder.  One need not always think of spending this leisure time outside but can be qualitatively spent elsewhere too.

Everyone needs a 'breather' sometime during the day when they would love to have some moments on their own. This 'breather' moment is a relaxing and rejuvenating one which would boost up their energy level. Even a perfectionist would love to have a break from the traditional routine.

I am sure everyone would love to have a  'lazy day' too.  Many would consider their weekends ' lazy days' as they wake up late and would be too happy not to follow any particular routine on that day. Some would prefer to just chill out over a burger and starbucks coffee or just 'window shopping'.

For some, the weather plays an important role in their 'cheer up'. Especially, if it is raining 'cats and dogs', one would prefer to have 'garam garam pakode and masala chai' to pep up the mood and then relax just enjoying the rainfall.  

Some of my friends are totally in relaxed mood when they visit their parents for a break.  A casual atmosphere always exists there and one gets a  total break from the needs of the children and of course the kitchen, courtesy our moms.  But, have you ever thought of giving a break to your mother??Please do, she deserves it very badly.

My version of 'lazy day' is,  when I finish my daily chores much ahead of the schedule and have the rest of the day only to myself. I love to browse, laze around with a hot cup of masala chai. How about you???? I thoroughly enjoy my 'gym' hours too.

Please enjoy  'few lazy hours' in your daily life and rejuvenate yourself.

'The real problem of leisure time is how to keep away others from using yours' - Arthur Lacey

20 comments:

  1. Im addicted to lazy hours! my problem is trying to keep it to a minimum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said .I love my daily early morning walk -come rain or shine I love to go .I enjoy seeing the greenery, sun rise and the birds chirping.That rejuvenates me and that is my special time.I also enjoy spending time in my small organic garden talking to my plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am trying to keep me lazy,but its seems to be a hard target for me:)..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just like you,i will finish my chores soon and will laze around chatting,browsing and all those things...nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very interesting write up. I love to go shopping alone and I thoroughly enjoy it. Now I think I am really not alone with these kind of thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to finish my work early and love to watch some movies that is my lazy day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Thanx for visiting and dropping ur sweet comments...love ur writing...u hav a good space here...love 2 b n ur frndlist...enjy and tc..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nicely written, sometimes..... feeling lazy is also good

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also like you. Will try to finish all my work quickly and watch Tv, browse and so on. Somedays I feel very lazy that I end up making a simple dish at the last moment.. :) BTW thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your precious comment. You have a very nice space dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome writeup..lazy days go by watching comdey movies..he he :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post. Very well written. I always try to finish my work and then read books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very well said...I love to spend my time by browsing,reading and with Origami :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lazy day for me is just to laze around with my favourite songs playing in the background....sometimes you realy feel like doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well said! We ladies deserve our me times at any cost. I usually enjoy driving alone listening to my favorite fast tunes and lyrics that pump me up :) It's so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are very true. We should make it a point to relax and have some "lazy time" for ourselves. Earlier, I used to meditate a lot, but now I give myself an excuse (which is not right). After reading your post, I am feeling like starting meditation again...it really helps you to be calm and composed. Great post and an eye-opener! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    Nice meeting you and it's great to found your blog where you share delicious recipes and awesome food for thoughts!
    I spend sometime silently meditating and this is the best time I spend with myself because as soon as I close my eyes a new world opens where I am with me only!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice post! You are so right; we, especially us moms, need to take time for ourselves.

    I also go to the gym and love every minute of my me time there, sleeping late on weekends is pretty nice too:)

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi
    So nice of you to visit my blog.
    You too have a wonderful space here. Glad to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally agree with you.Lazy me loves lazy days :D ..that is indeed 1 of a kind self-rejuvenation for sure. :)

    From - http://recharge-your-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site. Hope you enjoyed the blogs. Your comments are most welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails