Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Yummylicious tea time cup cakes



Cup cakes are always a delight to bake and instantly devour. I made some simple cup cakes without any frosting, not to add more calories.  But, added some choclate chips  and nuts to some. This is one of the perfect cup cake recipe which cannot go wrong and courtesy of joyofbaking.com .  I made some slight variation to the original recipe.

Ingredients:

All purpose flour  - 1 1/2 cups  
Sugar  - 2/3 cup granulated sugar
Eggs  - 3 large eggs
Butter  - 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
Milk - 1/4 cup
Nuts of your choice
Chocolate chips
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract -  1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp

Preheat oven to 350 deg.

In a bowl, add butter and sugar and beat it until light and fluffy.  Once the mix is done, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add the vanilla extract.

In a separate bowl, add the flour,salt and the baking powder and blend well.

Add the flour mix and the milk alternatively to the butter sugar mix, beginning and ending with flour.Divide the mix and add chocolate to some and nuts to the rest.

Fill in the muffin cups and bake for 16-18 minutes.  Insert a toothpick to check if it is baked. Once done, remove it and keep in a rack to cool.

You can have it plain or top it with frosting. I preferred having it plain with tea.

'A compromise is the art of dividing a cake in such a way that everyone believes that he has the biggest piece' - Ludwig Erhard

45 comments:

  1. Perfect cup cakes..looks so yummy,with chocolate chips they look divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks awesome and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to have one of these yummilicious cupcake with my cuppa now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cupcakes looks absolutely divine with those chocolate chips, feel like grabbing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaya,

    Tea time cupcakes sounds delicious. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Snacking idea ...... Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely a worth trying one, would love to have some rt now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are having a lovely blog and yummy yummy recipes too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect snack for tea n looking yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  10. cupcakes are my favs.. I could c those spongy cutie's...Loving it..

    http://jellybelly-shanavi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cupcakes..so fluffy n nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a wonderful blog here... i loved it... no wonder u got so many awards :)
    Thanks a lot for following me and ur support... am following u right away...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thnx fr the suggestion.

    Cupcakes look nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am totally on ur side abt the posting, where we are heading to.......Love ur cup cakes and ur writings makes me ur fan and follower.thanks for visiting my blog dear

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanx for visiting my blog and leaving wonderful comments....thanx for following me ...Glad to follow u back!!
    Keep visiting!! the cupcakes look yumm..love the variety u put out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice simple recipe. It is long time since I did cup cakes. Will try this, this weekend. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for ur comments in my blog. cupcake is my fav snack and urs looks delicious. keep visiting n post comments when time gets.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is very rich n lovely...
    Am your new follower now...do drop in
    mine sometime..:)
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely drooling on these cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These really look and sound fantastic!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cup cake looks cute.

    My thiruppavai related post will start only from Dec 16.You have seen the post while i was testing the content.

    http://kurinjikathambam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmmm, yummmmilious - I agree, now send this over to me, for evening tea, hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks so inviting...Wanna grab it now and can finish off within seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look really good. I love anything with chocolate chips:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey lovely cup cakes... I miss my oven yaar.. whenever I see baked products.. I feel sad..

    ReplyDelete
  26. yumm, love those cute cup cakes :) very nice and fluffy I prefer mine without the frosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice cupcakes..Looks very inviting..

    Chanchal
    RecipeRaaga.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh perfect tea time cake....they looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely looking cakes! I am craving for some:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. delicious site and cupcakes
    thank you I am following you too

    ReplyDelete
  31. Indeed they are looking yummyilicious.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lip-smacking cupcakes, so soft and sumptuous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. They look so spongy and yummy..Wish I could have some right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. this looks perfect for tea time and its pretty easy to whip up as well...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. They looks awesome!I feel like have some now after seeing the picture

    ReplyDelete
  36. I had tagged u in my blog, would like you to take the ball around rolling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site. Hope you enjoyed the blogs. Your comments are most welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails