Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Awesome awesome banana bread or cake??? Tooo good


A beautiful morning and a mood for baking.   Off to the kitchen and saw some ripe bananas in hand, having recalled a banana bread recipe which I had bookmarked, rushed to have a look at it. It belonged to Sunitha of Collaborative curry with the original recipe here.   After seeing her clicks again, there was no second thought in my mind but to bake it then and there. With such basic ingredients and a very simple procedure, one can dish out a gorgeous cake like this.  Of course, I could not term it a 'bread', for it did not possess any typical bread qualities, the texture was more of a cake including the deep honey color.  Added some walnuts as I love to have crunchy bites in between the soft texture.



Butter       1 stick
Sugar        1 cup
All purpose flour    - 2 cups
Eggs    - 2
Bananas - 3 mashed well
Walnuts chopped - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - 1  tsp
Vanilla essence  - 1 tsp


Mash the bananas well with a fork, this works better than anything else.

Mix the baking soda in 1 1/2 tbsp water and keep aside.

Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.

Keep adding the other ingredients one by one to the butter sugar mixture and blend together.

Bake at 375 deg F for an hour.

The aroma of the bake fills the house and do not be surprised if it invites the neighbours to your doorstep.

Very contagious,one cannot stop eating with just a slice,so beware!!!!  After seeing this cake disappear, I would call this one  the perfect ' Gone in 10 minutes'.

Thanks Sunitha for a wonderful recipe.

When baking, follow directions.  When cooking, go by your own taste.  ~Laiko Bahrs

51 comments:

  1. Love banana bread..Infact I buy extra for making muffins/cakes..Urs look soft,moist and spongy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect and recipes looks pretty easy. I always wanted to try making bread but yeast and long hours of marination complicated my attempt. This one really i wanna try,thnx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly baked..looks so soft n moist!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a great fan of banana bread....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love to call it cake rather then bread ...this cake looks so soft ,moist n delicious ...yummy

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bread look soo perfect.. i love it.. very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real Awesome...got to try to make this. Your banana loaf look exactly like the cafe one that my colleagues bought when we need a slice of banana bread...Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love banana nut bread. Great with coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your banana bread looks remarkably fluffy. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I was wondering where you had disappeared!!Missed your sweet comments..:)The banand bread/cake looks scrumptuous....yummm....

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com
    www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bread. cake looks wonderful. I'm drooling right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love banana bread,looks super yummy.

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious! After reading this post,even I feel like or tempted to bake this banana cake

    ReplyDelete
  14. the banana bread looks very nice...have a choco banana cake on my blog this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Banana bread are always my favourite, super moist bread looks absolutely yummy..

    Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome, awesome, banana bread cake...tooooo good!

    I have bookmarked this recipe, Thank you, Chitchat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bread or cake...whatever...as long as it looks & tastes delicious like yours!! :) The cake looks so moist too...A must-try..

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks so soft,really yum and perfect looking one

    ReplyDelete
  19. perfectly baked..looks very nice n soft!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks BB. I would love to have it now with some butter. its raining and I can imagine having that with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Banana Bread luks perfect,Very easy to follow.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Banana Cake/bread is always a big hit at my place too... this looks really tempting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Banana bread/cake looks delicious soft and moist, they are addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  24. almost I can smell the aroma of banana bread...love to have with cuppa..!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love banana bread! Yours looks moist and delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. it looks so out of this world! that crust is just irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My family all time fav..looks so perfect..wish I had some right now.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can the softness and great texture yum!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes it is contagious indeed!!! i cannot stop myself from baking this today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is my hubbys fav...It looks perfect n yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  31. Banana bread looks delicious and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  32. banana cake looks really yummy n delicious .. i must try it..

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for stopping by at my blog...you have lovely space here... I will visit for sure for yummy recepies

    happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for stopping by... this looks delicious perfect tea time snack. I too love a crunch in my cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I tried eggless version few months back and liked,I would say bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. post related to cooking bloggers in thakkudu's blog. come and enjoy!..:)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, chit chat, I wish the cake came alive(sigh). and you ended the post with a lovely quote. will try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  38. There is nothing like good home baked bread.Gives a sense of delicious achievement.I have to try this for sure.Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow..its too tempting.Perfectly baked ones..Delicioussssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  40. Looks so good! I can imagine the lovely aroma of this bread.

    ReplyDelete
  41. An award for you at http://eatvegetarianbehealthy.blogspot.com/2010/10/two-at-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  42. It looks delicious and moist!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love banana bread but never seem to get it right:(

    ReplyDelete
  44. lovely bread......do collect ur award from my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site. Hope you enjoyed the blogs. Your comments are most welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails