Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pineapple Rava Kesari


When I think of a quick sweet dish, my first choice is the Rava kesari. Here, I have given you with a slight modification of the traditional kesari. I added  some chopped Pineapple to give it a different flavor. Hope you all like it. Enjoy the recipe.

Ingredients:
Rava or Semolina - 1 cup
Pineapple - 1/2 cup chopped pieces
Sugar - 2 cups
Water - 3 cups
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts - 12
Orange food colour - a pinch
Raisins - 15
Cardamom - 4 pods powdered.

In a thick bottom pan, add a tablespoon of ghee and fry the split cashews and transfer to a small dish. Then, add one more tablespoon of ghee and roast the rava in medium flame, till it turns light brown in colour and keep it aside. Pour three cups of water in the same pan and add the food colour. Once the water has come to a boil, simmer the heat to the lowest. Then, add the roasted rava and the pineapple pieces slowly, stirring it continuously and avoid lumps. Close the pan with a lid  for two minutes and allow the rava and the pineapple to cook well in water.

Open the lid and check if it is cooked. Then, add sugar and keep stirring. When the sugar is absorbed well and the kesari becomes thick, add the remaining ghee, little at a time and keep stirring. Kesari is done when it leaves the pan. Garnish with Cashewnuts, raisins (I like to add it without frying in ghee) and cardamom powder.

An easy and tasty sweet to prepare within 15 minutes. The pineapple added to it gives out a special  and authentic taste.

'Dieters Law - The food that tastes best has the highest number of calories.'

24 comments:

  1. Oh! this is my all time favorite.... My mom prepares it so well.... I do not know it that much...hence I have saved to satiate my taste buds with this.... in future....Thanks!!!!

    Happy Celebrations!!!!

    Wishing You & your family a very happy year ahead....

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a yummy and delicious sweet...this is my favorite!!..love to have it any time..so tempting!!!...wanna grab that right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried Kesari with pineapple. Will give a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and delicious...OOh i m drooling..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sweet dish with pineapple...will make this for my hubby soon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fav among kesari,mouthwatering pic

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..............lovely color to kesari dear, it absolutely looks yummmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was craving for kesari today evening..your kesari with more ghee makes me crave more:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yum!!!pineapple kesari looks and sounds soooooo good!tempitng pics..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Ms Chit Chat,This is my first visit to ur blog..Since ur recipes are all mouth watering I think I would be here more often.. Great entry,My fav one!!Happy Blogging and a Very Happy New Year..

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so true..If you are so much worried about the calories the best foods are not for you..lol..Love kesari and liked the twist with pineapple..Hope you had a wonderful X'mas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never tried this....Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ,


    Today , I was able to access your blog ...Wanted to really thank you for all your comments and encouragement in our blogs both devotion and recipes ....

    You have such a wonderful blogs ....will go through all ur recipes and learn more ...thanks for sharing ur blog ....

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! sounds yum! today is my kids bday. will sure try it.
    tnx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Landed on ur website thru bloghopping.You have a nice collection .Rava kesari is one of our family favorites ,I am sure pineapple would add more flavour to it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My son loves this dish so much.If I give him either pineapple or rava kesari alone he would be happy.If put both together he is overjoyed.Your picture speaks a thousand words.Mmm... delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks lovely I have made semolina halwa before but the pineapple is innovative.Will try it next time.
    This is my first visit here.Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi friends, thanks for your lovely comments. New Year wishes to all.

    Sini

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love pineapple kesari and yours just looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Having tried kesari for the first time a couple of weeks back, I'm very eager to try pineapple kesari :-). The pic is very very tempting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site. Hope you enjoyed the blogs. Your comments are most welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails